Friday, January 9, 2009

Blessings for Week 5 - The Innocence of Youth

When doing portraits of kids, I usually spend more time running than anything else (and hopefully I remember to check my settings and snap the shutter a few times too). I never schedule a night out on the town after a kids photo shoot, because I'm usually headed to bed by 8:30 that night from shear exhaustion. But I love to examine each photo when I get back to the office, and drink in the small details that spell out what its like to be a kid.

Fresh faces.


Easy smiles.


Silly laughter.



Sparkling eyes.



The ability to be completely carefree.


And Mom's arms ready to fold them into a quick cry before the fun begins again.


Playground shoots are some of my favorite, because they capture all that silliness and innocence in the ideal child's environment. I am thankful this week for the reminder from the children in these photographs that the journey is a ton of fun, if I just remember to take a good run around the playground of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lois has a gift of capturing the innocence of youth through a camera lens. As long as she keeps her running shoes on, I look forward to seeing more examples of her artwork. This mother is probably thrilled that her children's happiness was recorded for a lifetime through Lois' gifts.
Thank you Atlas Designs!